An engagement ring is not simply a piece of jewellery. It’s a symbol of your love that will warm the heart and adorn the finger of your most precious person for years to come. This piece should be timeless and individual, but that doesn’t mean that it can’t be fashionable as well.
Studying the trends in today’s jewellery industry can be the inspiration you need to find the perfect ring.
The current ‘hottest’ engagement ring trends are:
1. Bold halo settings are becoming extremely popular, and with good reason. They look absolutely stunning, and come in a variety of styles to fit every taste. One thing all rings of this type have in common is their elegance. The ring of tiny diamonds surrounding the centrepiece enhances the beauty of the stone. They also make the centre gem look larger and put a nice spin on traditional cuts.
2. Gothic motifs, so popular in the world of haute couture, have made their way into engagement ring industry fashion. Black stones are the trend of today, and with how stunning they look they are sure to stay among the leading engagement ring styles for a while. Whether it’s black diamonds, onyx, or enamel, black elements look absolutely fabulous, especially when contrasted with warm yellow gold or clear and glittering diamonds. This ring is a style statement on its own and it will go well with different outfits.
3. Blue gems in the engagement rings have been the choice of the royalty for many years. The interest in these pieces has increased rapidly over the last few years. There is no arguing the fact that a ring with a sapphire or a blue diamond looks regal. There are also a variety of other options in different shades of blue, which allows everyone to find a perfect match for their colouring. This is a good choice for those who prefer classic designs, but want to go a step beyond a clear diamond.
4. Long rings are getting more popular by the day, and not only among the pieces meant for engagements. A ring that extends lengthwise over the finger makes the hand appear more elegant when compared to the classic wide and round piece. This is a great option for girls who love to be stylish and follow fashion trends.
5. Pearl engagement rings seem to be going through another wave of popularity. This classic design has fallen out of favour over the last few decades, but it made a strong return in 2016. They fit those who like boho style and appreciate classic beauty.